Monday, April 19, 2010

Untimely displeasure brings Divine appointments.

It seems sometimes that the times I am most stubborn to being open are the times that God breaks me to His will, and His will alone. I use to be highly frustrated by this but I have realize that I also use to be more wiling to serve in the most stressful times.

DNow this weekend was a God-send, one that came in the disguise of what I thought was keeping me from my homework, and keeping me from my good grades for graduation. It may still be this however, God did show and He did send me. I have been seeking my place in the church and studying much about discipleship and the American Church. There is a huge lack of it. We hold traditions in churches higher than we hold our regard to God. What have we become? Toby Mac said it best once on the Jesus Freak CD... "What have we become? Self indignant people!" As I have repented recently of some sins in my life I have come to realize pride confuses us from what God wants no matter how quickly we can make excuse and disguise it. However, when we are willing to serve and step up when times are hard, that is when God shows up and that is when we are blessed beyond measure. The times I think I am not needed are the times that God choses to use me. The times I think I am needed are the times that God sends someone else along to do the job tasks in which I so highly thought I was best for. DEPENDENCE is the key to success in the church, but not in the world. DEPENDENCE NOT UPON ANOTHER PERSON, BUT DEPENDENCE ON THE ONE WHO KNOWS YOU BETTER THAN YOU KNOW YOURSELF...

Some of the things I have learned this weekend, let me just began to tell you:

1. God places you where He has equipped you to go. There was a situation that Hannah and I were both equipped for that we had to handle with our DNOW girls that the Lord knew we were already equipped for. Deep down we did not realize this at the beginning we both tried to get out of not going.

2. God provides. I have not seen the results of that this weekend, but I had so much to do, and so much that needed to get done, however, I know God wanted me where I was. I cannot wait as I sit back and pray about his provision.

3. Discipleship as we already know is commanded as a basis for the Church, who cares if it's American or not, it's God's church.

4. Just because you sit in a pew and occupy it does not mean that you are going to see the one whose house you are in!

5. The American Church needs to be more transparent. There was a story shared this weekend that reminded me so much of how we treat people in the church, QUIT LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO SIN, THEY WILL, AND LOOK FOR HOW THEY SERVE THE ALMIGHTY. The speaker use Hannah and I, my friend, as an example and it really hit home because we have the same major, same job, and often attend the same religious events, so we share our lives together in discipleship, but also in faults. From the pulpit he said let's say that Marissa decides one day for a documentary on Christians she wants to see how much Hannah sins. So she follows her around with a camera and a video camera and documents everything Hannah does. Well one day Hannah gets in the car and she is on Poplar Ave, we all know how stressful this can be, and Hannah begins to get angry. Marissa comes back to the church and only post the picture of Hannah's angry moment is not rightly judging Hannah's relationship with the Lord. Hannah is still a sinner, saved by grace, and she will impliment some of the things in verses (-) of Galatians. However, Marissa did not document how many times Hannah let the Lord share the fruits of the Spirit with others. This is a false the often view of Christians, but the false view of people.

No comments: