Friday, July 2, 2010

And the greatest of these is love...

Have we mixed the Southern, United States culture with the Jesus who shock the world? Have we blurred the lines of who Christ really is? I love the South. I am thankful for the Southern Hospitality I have experienced in my life. However, I am a firm believer that we have let social norms become the norms of the bible instead of letting the bible's instruction become our social norms.

Let me explain:
When I am apart of a community I usually agree with their norms or values on the important issues. "Bad company corrupts good character". So my question is this do you act more like the Southern people around you because you were raised that way? If you answered yes, then have you been born again? If you have do you not now realize that you deny your citizenship, as well as your first ways that you are taught and are taught in a way that only the bible can answer? Have we confused the world about Christianity in the South? I am not saying all places but let us look at this and examine it for ourselves. Because the truth is if you do not agree with me and are already defensive while reading this, I am not going to persuade you. So pray the Lord would give you the answers you need to understand.

The most common misperception in the South. "Spare the rod, spoil the child." We look at this verse as the rod is my hand coming against your backside. I mean really, but when we look closer, a sheep rod was sent to direct the sheep in the right direction... is God directing you?

No comments: