Monday, May 31, 2010

Jesus Freaks: Martyr's Book

Dear brothers and sisters who walk in Christ,
This was a message from Michael Tait that made me think about my life, and I challenge you to think about yours.

" 'What will people think?' That's the phrase that crept up on all of us when the album Jesus Freak was coming together. That phrase crystallizes our fears of being different. Everyone has this need to be a part of something, to be included. The very nature of Jesus Freaks is to thrust away from the mob mentality, away from the things that society tells us to care about. And that can be scary. 'What will people think if I'm different? What will they think if my opinion is weird? Who will like me if I stand out?' But every time I stand back and look at the bigger picture, I see a little of what God sees. I see the potential to make a difference. And I get the courage to break away from the crowd. " -Michael Tait forward in Jesus Freaks.

"Our mission may not involve hanging on a cross, being jailed, or being burned at the stake here in America, but we have other, more invisible obstacles. Ours is a society built by pride, materialism, and dedication to the status quo. In a world built on free will instead of God's will, we must be the Freaks. While we may not be called to martyr our lives, we must martyr our way of life. We must out our selfish ways to death and march to a different beat. Then the world will see Jesus.
That's why I know the answer to my question, 'What will people thing?' They may think I'm weird. They may think I'm fascinating. But I don't really care. My life is God's. I've crossed the line from innocent bystander to hard-core participant in what Jesus has called me to.
What will people think? I hope whatever I do, it makes them think of Jesus."
From "A message from Michael Tait"


I love Jesus, but in America and the American church, I've noticed I've become lazy in the bible belt, being gorged with the bible all the time, has made me full and ready for nap. God is calling me to so much more. Weather that is in the North or weather that is in times, or now. I do not know. But I know this. "Send me, Father, I will go!!!!"

Praise God that He calls us out. Out of a life of sin. Out of hell, and into a new life with Him. Praise Him he asks us to share the truth to life, and that is Him.

PRAISE HIM, and if you don't, one day you will. "One day every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord."

Amen.

No comments: